BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Groceries on a Budget

I’m not going to lie, I’ve never been a coupon clipper, mainly because if I did clip them, I’d probably lose them or forget to take them to the store with me and then I’d be even more frustrated about my trips to the grocery store than I already am. I hate grocery shopping. I think this emotion stems from numerous trips to our small town grocer that ended up taking multiple hours because everyone in town that we knew happened to be shopping at the exact same time. Down every aisle, there was a 30 minute conversation waiting to happen. Looking back, I think that was most people’s purpose in even going to the grocery store. No one ever had very much in their carts…

Back to the point though, I hate grocery shopping. BUT, today I discovered something that makes me just the slightest bit excited about my next trip to Tom Thumb. I feel like the world deserves to hear about the exciting new option of online coupon loading. If you have a Tom Thumb rewards card, you can log onto their website, register your card, and load e-coupons directly onto your rewards card. Next time you go to the store, they scan your card and automatically deduct coupons loaded onto your card from your purchases.

This is genius to me. I went on the website and browsed through all the coupons and loaded everything I might even ever think of buying. There is also a link from Tom Thumb to the Proctor and Gamble site where you can register your card and load coupons for things like Tide, Cascade, Charmin, and Crest toothpaste! I think this is easy and exciting enough to motivate all of us non-coupon clippers to change our ways. Now if we could only get them to stop mailing out those huge savings flyers. I’m sure even the most motivated shoppers throw those directly in the trash. Paste the links below to let the fun begin!

http://www.tomthumb.com/IFL/Grocery/Coupons
http://www.pgesaver.com

No comments:

Post a Comment