BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Weekend Recap

Better Late than Never

I know I promised a weekend recap from the Hall of Fame trip and I apologize to both of you who have been waiting anxiously for that :)

As I previously posted, I spent last Thursday-Monday in Canton, OH for the 2009 Pro Football Hall of Fame induction festivities. Overall, it was a great experience and something I would highly recommend that football fans do at least once in their lifetime.

I got in late Thursday night and settled into my less than clean accommodations at the local Comfort Inn. It wasn’t too bad but let’s just say I didn’t walk around without shoes on or lay on top of the comforters. There’s not a huge selection of luxury accommodations in Canton, Oh which led me to wonder where they were housing the superstars like John Madden and Roger Goodell who I’m sure never lay their famous football heads in anything less than 5 star accommodations.

We toured the actual Hall of Fame on Friday morning, which turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the trip. My favorite displays were of course the bust room( pause for definition: Bust—a bronze replica of the face, neck and shoulders), where the busts of all the former inductees are displayed.

Bust Room


A former Dallas Cowboy Great and my friend--Randy White, HOF '94


Mike Singletary--Sic 'Em Bears


We also attended a dinner where they introduced all the hall of famers in attendance that weekend. I was most excited to see John Madden, Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Troy Aikman, Bart Starr and Rayfield Wright.
There were tons of other events throughout the weekend but, since I’ve realized blogs are much more interesting when pics are included, here are some of the highlights from the rest of the weekend in pictures.

The Biggest Beef Rib I've ever seen. I could only finish half...


Cowboy Greats in the Hall of Fame


The Lombardi Trophy


So excited to see TO in a uniform that wasn't the Dallas Cowboys...and just a note, he was the only one not wearing the appropriate "throw back" Bills hat. Good luck New York.


Overall, I attended about 10 events and picked up a lot of good info for the job. I forgot to mention I was there for work, not play, but mostly just absorbed info and took mental notes on the events. Next year, I hope to return and take William with me. It would have been much more fun if I could have shared the experience with him.


Coming soon: The deck progression continues and a special tribute to the family pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment