BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Challenge

Today, William and I started a 24 day health and nutrition challenge through AdvoCare. The program is a 2 part challenge starting with a 10 day “cleanse” and then followed by 14 days of a “lean and trim” process. I thought by posting this to our internet audience, we could create a little bit of accountability to stick with our goals and complete the full 24 day program.

As some of you know, I’m actually a distributor for AdvoCare products after falling in love with some of the products during our annual Texas vs. the Nation game, and I’ve been told this is one of the best ways to get started in AdvoCare and become familiar with some of their top selling products. So, here’s the breakdown of what the next 24 days look like for William and I.

Days 1-10- “Herbal Cleanse”
About a month before William and I got married, I did a “natural” 7 day cleanse that was recommended to me from a fitness instructor. Basically, I ate fruit every 2 hours until 3pm then I switched to raw veggies. On day 3, I got to add in a small amount of lean protein. It was miserable and I was starving most of the time, but I did lose weight. The problem with this was that the meal plan was completely unrealistic for everyday life so it was a quick, temporary fix to the extra pounds I wanted to get rid of pre-wedding. When someone first recommended this cleanse, I was scared of the word altogether but after doing some research, I found it to be MUCH better and more maintainable than others I have heard of in the past.

Basically, we have a few shakes and mixes we take in the morning and replace our normal breakfast with a meal replacement shake. The shakes by themselves aren’t bad, but can be made even better by blending in some ice and frozen fruit. It’s actually a better option than my normal breakfast, which is usually some kind of bar and a banana.

You can have a mid-morning fruit “snack” and hardboiled eggs if you’re really hungry. For lunch, you eat some veggies and lean protein and can even have a complex carb (so for this meal we are eating turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread w/ mustard and baby carrots/fruit.

Afternoon snack is nuts/fruit and you also get a yummy spark drink to give you a little energy boost for the afternoon. For dinner, it’s just a matter of picking healthy options such as lean proteins (chicken, fish etc) and fresh, steamed veggies. You take a pack of cleanse tablets before bed and make sure you’re drinking LOTS of water throughout the day and that’s it.

So, that’s what we’ll be doing the next 10 days. I’ll try and keep posting updates and will explain phase 2 when we get there. I’ll also kick this off by listing a few of our goals over the next month or so…
1. Tami to lose 12-15 lbs and keep it off!
2. To get in at least 4 good workouts a week
3. To develop better eating/cooking habits for both of us!
4. To feel better and have more energy day to day
5. To feel confident and comfortable in a swim suit (there will be before and after pics but I’m not feeling like I’ll be able to post those online at this point. Maybe if my results are good…I don’t know.)

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment