BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fourth and Long

Four months ago today, April 18, 2009, William and I stood together at the Church at Horseshoe Bay and promised to love honor and cherish each other for the rest of our lives. So, what have we learned in our 120 days (approximately, of course) of marriage.

First of all, time really does fly. It not only flies, it’s on one of those super jets attempting to break the speed of light. I can’t believe it’s already been 4 months, which is almost 6 months, which is like half of a year! (Reference here, one of my favorite Jessica Simpson quotes, “Twenty-three is old. It`s almost 25, which is like almost mid-20s!)

I would like to list a few of my favorite things about being married to William to honor this momentous anniversary.

1. He always cuddles with me in the morning. After he’s already been up, showered, eaten breakfast and read, he gets back in bed with me and cuddles for at least 5 minutes. This little routine is really helping me to fight back against my morning grumpiness (though it still gets the best of me some days.)

2. Praying together. We are easing into doing this more often but since we got married, it has really become a special time. My favorite is when we pray together right before falling asleep.

3. He takes care of the yard work. I’m not a big fan of working in the yard, but I do enjoy having a nice yard so before William came along, this was a catch-22 situation. Now, I can enjoy my nice yard without having to do too much of the work . (I do help, though. Sometimes.)

4. I’m really starting to enjoy our Sunday night routine, which (when we’re in town) usually consists of ordering a pizza and relaxing together. He’s even got me watching Entourage recently and I’m already hooked.

5. I love how he tries to pretend that my girly shows are so stupid but, when the finales come around, he has a favorite picked to win and tries to act very uninterested while inquiring about who wins (ex. He thought Brandon should win SYTYCD, even though Evan was really his favorite)

Most of all, I just love William and the fact that we get to walk through life together as a team. Because it’s verging on football season and it’s been the focus of my work lately, I am tempted to talk in football analogies. In my book, I got the number one draft pick in game of life and there’s no one I’d rather have at QB for our family than William. Thanks for being my husband and for sticking with me…four down and a LONG way to go!!

1 comment: