BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

MIA From Life

I was going to title this blog “MIA from Blogging,” but then I realized that the above title would be much more appropriate seeing as how lately, I have been not only absent from the blog world, but I have been an MIA friend, MIA wife, and MIA from my life in Dallas in general. There is a “good” reason for all this absence though. As most of you who read this know, I spend about a month in El Paso each year to put on a collegiate all-star football game called Texas vs. the Nation. I won’t get into a lot of detail here other than to say my whole life is work for 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for about 30 days. If you want to know more about how all that turned out, go to www.texasvsthenation.com. I write a lot of that content as well so no need to duplicate that effort on this blog.

I have had recent complaints that I write too much on this blog and don’t include enough pictures so I’ve decided the rest of this blog will catch us up to present time with the events that have occurred since I last posted an entry (shortly after New Year’s). I will try and include detailed captions so we don’t miss anything.

The NYE Party

I cooked a multiple course dinner for 12 which actually turned out pretty decently. I also dyed my hair brown over Christmas and this is what it looked like then.

It has lightened up considerably since NYE, but wanted to post the brunette pics. No idea what color we'll keep from here on out. Input is appreciated.

Berkley is usually the life the party, but was exceptionally entertaining on NYE. This may be one of my favorite pictures of all time.



My birthday happened to fall in the middle of bowl chaos, so I went a little uncelebrated on the actual day, BUT, I returned home to an awesome gift from my hubby...



A NEW COOKTOP!!! I had so much trouble with the old one and we had multiple "repairs" done on it, but I still couldn't get a pot of water to a rolling boil EVER! I made some soup on the new cooktop last week and my water boiled in less than 5 minutes. AMAZING!! Against warnings to never get a woman appliances as a gift, William succeeded 100% in getting me a wonderful gift I will enjoy for years to come!

This also doubled as a Valentine's day present, but he didn't let the go by without some sweetness. We had an amazing sushi feast at Kotta (I highly recommend it) and then he came home with some of my favorite flowers.



And, last but not least, some highlights from what I'm sure will become known to our children as "The Great Snow of 2010."











So glad to be back in the real world. Please call me to hang out and catch up. I'm sure if you're reading this, I probably miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment