BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, July 31, 2009

The Golden Arches



Growing up, I remember consuming countless happy meals, cheeseburgers, quarter pounders and breakfast items from Plainview’s own McDonald’s. I loved Macky D’s (as my Dad referred to it). I loved the miniature ice cream cones, the milkshakes, the playground, and even consumed a few McRib sandwiches with my Granmommy and Grandaddy (“them’s good eats,” they would say.)

Somewhere around sophomore year at Baylor, I realized that my friends did not eat McDonald’s and thought you were kind of disgusting if you did. I also watched the film Supersize Me and feared becoming fat and developing heart problems if I continued to enjoy my quarter pounders and fries.

Last night, William surprised me by saying he was craving some McDonald’s. He asked me if I wanted to go. I took a minute to debate if this was some cruel test to see if his wife had an overweight, unhealthy craving inside that was just waiting for the right moment to bust out and ruin the physical attraction that he once had towards me, but then I realized that my husband isn’t much into testing me, so I said “Heck Yes! I want some McDonald’s!” And with that, I welcomed the golden arches and all its comfort and glory back into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment